Why Are We So Busy?
What is it about life that has us always chasing more time?
How many people do you know have life under control and do not need any more time? Apart from the elderly, not many right?
Why is that?
One solid reason I have come to is clarity, or more aptly – lack of clarity. People in life and especially people in business, always seem to be chasing their tails because they lack clarity! Check for yourself where you stand with “busy-ness”:
• How often does your email inbox have less than 10?
• How often do you do a solid uninterrupted 3 to 4 hours a day of thinking and construction time for YOUR business (not with clients, but for your business)?
• How often do you go a day without answering a phone call, or returning a heap of calls?
• How often do you finish all your “to-do’s” at the end of the day and feel satisfied?
99% of people in business will say never or very low numbers.
What I have noticed about people who are very successful in life and in business, is that they seem to have time to do what it is they want. Not because they are rich, not because they are special, but because they are CLEAR and disciplined!
I feel at different times of my life, I am being pulled in 100 different directions by my team, my clients, my suppliers, my joint venture partners; then by my wife, my children, my mother, my sister, my friends, my in-laws, etc. At these times I notice that I lose perspective or clarity on what is really important or where I am going, strange hey?
The other thing to notice is that I am the common denominator to all these people.
Hence, if I am the common denominator, then this means I am causing this or have a sense of control of this. As a business owner in this situation, this is one of the liberties and abilities we have as a business owner – choice!
Choose to get clear now on:
• What you want from your business (e.g. time working, money, holidays, feelings from what business achieves, relationships, etc)
• What you want the business to achieve (e.g. what legacy you want to leave and what difference you want to make)
• What is most important to you as the owner (e.g. your core values)
These are 3 critical things all successful people do in order to get time and their life to a stage, that they get what they want. This is what Teach it Forward is all about, giving the “freedom to live” back! We do this for business owners by up skilling them so they get to choose consciously, and not let life choose for them!!
Go to our website at www.teachitforward.com.au and download the “5 Distinctions To A Personal Wealth Warrior” to understand what you need to focus on to have the “Freedom to live” for you and your family again.
Do it now, you won’t regret it!
With care and freedom